Lesson Learned

This past week I learned a very important lesson: never bring your skis home! For those of you who don't know, this ski season was not the best. There were only a few trails open at Smugg's before Christmas break and only two really good snow storms this whole year. Luckily, I was still able to ski 15 times, but was kind of let down by the slow season. I planned on getting in some nice spring skiing, but after going to Smugg's in the rain with Lisa and Christine I kind of gave up on that.
Lisa and I right before the rain

Then the week after spring break it was in the 80's up here and I figured it was time to give up. I brought my skis home with me over Easter break. This past Tuesday I woke up to an alert saying that Jay Peak had gotten a foot of snow over night. A quick check on the snow report showed that they had 44 trails open even though the rest of the ski areas were closed. I was not a happy camper. I even have a season pass there since I got the triple major pass. looking out my window I can see that there is snow on the top of Mt. Mansfield again which just goes to show you that Vermont weather is crazy. Let this be a lesson to all. Never bring your skis home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated