Christmas in April

Yesterday was a major holiday here at SMC. It was P-Day which stands for Preparation Day and is a way for the campus to celebrate and relax before the stress of finals. One of the traditions is to make t-shirts with your friends to wear for the day. This year Lisa, Bri and I made shirts together. I had to sell t-shirts for my business class so we bought those. Then we used splatter paint and spray paint in order to customize them.
Making the shirts
After what felt like the longest week ever it was finally P-Day Eve which is a special occasion as well. Usually there is a cookout in the 300's field but since it was snowing they moved it inside this year. Yes you read that right, it snowed on Friday! At night there is the annual talent show which is always a blast. Even though it didn't start till 7:00 we went over around 6:00 since it's so popular. The wait went by quickly though since they open the doors early. We even had a giant sing along to Call Me Maybe while we were waiting. I didn't take any videos of the show, but the best part for me was when someone played Sexy and I Know It on the ukulele. After the show I went back to my room to go to bed so that I would have plenty of energy for the next day. I set me alarm for 8AM but didn't really need to since I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't go back to sleep due to excess excitement. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.
Waiting for the talent show to start
There are lots of events throughout the day including a trike race, inflatables, unlimited free food from local venders, a comedian and midknight breakfast. Kit Rivers was the comedian this year and she absolutely killed it. She actually is a student here so all of her jokes are really relatable. Ben & Jerry's brought the waffle cone maker with them which was awesome. I also enjoyed some pulled pork sandwiches, samosas and fries. It was an incredible day and I can't wait to do it all again next year!
Some people decided it would be better to just run
Some of the inflatables
Dana and Danika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated