Making the Most of Summer

Since I'm leaving for New Zealand on July 4th this summer is much shorter than I would have liked. However, I think I'm going to be able to do most of the things that I want to do. This brings me back to summer two years ago  when I was preparing to go to college. At the beginning of the summer I thought I had so much time for all the trips and things that I wanted to do since it was the longest summer I ever had. I put off making plans for anything at first and just slept in and went to work. Then all of a sudden we only had a couple weeks left and some people had already left for college.

To all the soon to be high school graduates don't make the same mistake I did. Start planning things now and take some extra time off work. This is the last time you will see all your high school friends for awhile. But don't worry, you'll soon meet all kinds of new friends in college. Everyone at SMC is especially welcoming!

Using the lessons I learnt from two summers ago I'm now going out of my way to make sure to see people before I leave. I've already had a couple fires and went hiking. We even went on a trip to a Sonic's! Graduation parties are coming up during the next few weekends and I'm sure I'll get some beach days in there at some point. It's going to be sad not seeing my friends for 5 months but I'm sure I will meet new friends and have a great time abroad!

Hazy day at the top of Monadnock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated