The Perfect Location

When I first was planing what to write about on my blog I thought I would do a post on why I chose Saint Mike's, but then I realized that theres no way I could put that in one post. So now I'm going to do a series of posts discussing the major reasons I decided to come here. The first reason is the wonderful location.

Saint Michael's is located in Colchester, VT which is right next door to the college town of Burlington. There is always something to do in Burlington whether it be going to the Mardi Gras parade, going out to one of the many unique restaurants or just strolling along the waterfront on Lake Champlain. I never get sick of going into Burlington. I mean theres a Ben & Jerry's there so who would? We are even able to take the city bus right into Church St for free! There is a bus station on campus and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Church St is a street that's closed to cars and has all kinds of shops and restaurants. It's kind of like the Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston. 

Since we are right outside of Burlington the campus doesn't feel like it's in a city but is still extremely close to anything that you need. There are tons of grassy areas to relax or play catch. There are some great views on campus and even a nature trail directly off of campus.
The view from my room last year
Since this is Vermont the opportunities for outdoor adventures are endless. There are many farm stands and orchards near by which are great to visit in the fall. Be warned though that this might lead you eat a dozen cider donuts in two days! There are also some great hiking trails near campus including one going up Mt. Hunger which I climbed last year. My next post on Thursday will tell you all about the Wilderness Program. They always have trips going out to the various mountains for hiking and other awesome activities. I'll end with a couple of pictures showing off the scenery of Vermont.
The view from the top of Mt Mansfield
A steep portion of the Mt Hunger hike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated