Getting Ready for Firefly!

Matt & Kim in 2013
If you know me at all I've most likely mentioned Firefly to you at least once. My good friends must hear me mention it at least once a week. Going to concerts has sort of become my thing and there is no better place to see your favorite bands perform than Firefly. Firefly Music Festival is a four day event that happens every June in Dover, Delaware. It combines all the good things in life (such as camping, music, a beer arcade, silent discos and delicious food) into one amazing experience. I first heard of Firefly in 2013 and immediately got a ticket once I found out that people such as Tom Petty, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Calvin Harris, Zedd, Foster the People, Matt and Kim and many more would be playing.

I convinced my friend Ben to join me and we ended up having a fantastic time. Not only were there so many good acts to see, but the whole experience was unlike anything else I've ever been a part of. Upon arriving we immediately became friends with our neighbors and started playing games with everyone around us. I didn't meet a single mean or grumpy person and everyone seemed to be truly having a great time. It was my first every festival and I was hooked.

Calvin Harris doing his thing.
The next year things were so up in the air with the whole graduation thing and not knowing where I was going to be living that I didn't end up making it, but I knew I needed to go back in 2015. With Ben out in California now I requited a new group and got ready to see Paul McCartney, The Killers, The Chainsmokers, Walk the Moon and tons of other talented people. This year I had more of a plan since I had been through it all before. We ended up getting premiere camping which allows you to show up to the festival a day early so you don't have to worry about missing anything. I also made rue to create a packing list ahead of time so that we made sure to bring everything we needed.

Now I'm getting ready for Firefly 2016. Mumford and Sons, Florence & the Machine, Blink-182, Of Monsters and Men and tons more bands will be there and I can not wait!! Be sure to check out the full lineup! There are still more than 100 days until the fun begins but I'm getting so pumped that I've been having dreams about it regularly. I'm sure I'll be posting more before the festival begins so be on the lookout for updates :)
The 2015 Firefly crew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated