Cape Cod Summer

Sorry for the extreme lack of blog posts. I've been really busy this summer. I've been living in Harwich on Cape Cod working for the Harwich Conservation Trust. I'm a Land Steward Intern so I do things like remove invasive species, trail maintenance and lead walks. It's a lot of hard work but I've been learning a ton. Internships are crucial in order to get a good job after college. I've been able to get a lot of training on conservation which is right up my alley. My advisor Prof. McCabe sent out an email to all the biology majors announcing this position. He always makes sure we know about all the options available to us so he has been a great help.

The five interns
Although my internship doesn't pay anything, they do provide housing. I'm living above the office with four other interns and we all get along really well. Living on the cape isn't nearly as exciting as being at Saint Mike's but it does have its perks. We are only a 15 minute walk from the beach and I've had more seafood this summer than ever before.

The summer has flown by. I only have 11 more days of actually working for my internship. Then I'm off on vacation and am going directly to Saint Mike's when I get back for Orientation. It should be an exciting couple of weeks!

Comments

  1. Cape Cod would be a wonderful place to do an internship. There's so many things to do in Cape Cod, you'll never get bored. I love walking along the sandy pristine beaches, and biking along the trails. The seafood is very tasty there as well, among the best I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated