Back Home

Wow these past few months have flown by. I have to remind myself sometimes that less than a month ago I was on the other side of the world. It feels like it was yesterday sometimes yet a lot of the time it feels like it was really long ago. The transition back to living in the US has gone pretty smoothly. I got home just in time for Thanksgiving which was really nice. It was great to be able to see all of my family. I've started working at Market Basket again and they gave me a bunch of hours so I finally get to make some money which is much needed after never really having a budget in New Zealand.

The most exciting past of being back home though is that I got to go up and visit Saint Mike's this past weekend. I went up early Friday morning so that I could pick up my $30 Smuggs pass and go skiing that afternoon. I was able to get a few hours in and the snow was actually pretty good for so early in the season. After I was done I went back to campus to reunite with everyone. It was such a nice feeling to just be on campus. I felt like I was home for the first time in months (with the exception of when I was actually at my house). I never thought it would happen but I even missed the dinning hall, Alliot. I got two servings of the apple crisp and got to give out lots of hugs to everyone. On Friday I went into Burlington with some friends to try and see the new Warren Miller movie. Sadly it was sold out but it still was a good night just walking around Burlington. Church Street always looks so nice with all the Christmas lights. I really got into the holiday spirit thanks to all the snow and decorations around Burlington and campus.

I was lucky enough to stay in the suite that I will be living in next semester so I was able to see what it will be like. It seems like it's going to be great. It was fun to see everyone in the morning and hear all the different accounts of previous night. Also, I'm going to be really close to Cumbies and Dunkin Donuts. My stomach and taste buds are going to love this. My wallet may not be quite as happy about it. On Saturday night we had some people over to the suite and I got to catch up with even more people. I even got to see Liam and Karri who had graduated last year.
Liam, Ben, Christine and I.
I had a blast and before I knew it it was time to go home so that I could work the next morning. It may have been a short visit but it got me even more pumped up for next semester. I already have some exciting things planned such as a trip to Montreal to see Matt & Kim and Passion Pit with Lisa and Christine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Milford Track!

Macklemore and Sam

Firefly Spotlight: Top Five Most Anticipated